St. Mary Catholic Parish (Sherman) & St. Francis of Assisi (Whitesboro)
Administrative Assistant to Faith Formation & Youth, Young Adult & Campus Ministry Reports to: Director of FF & Director of YYACM
Job Type/Hours: Spring/Summer 2022, Part Time, 20 hrs/wk
Fall 2022 (potentially) begin Full time, up to 40 hrs/wk Weekends/Overtime: Occasionally
Benefits: Yes, once full time Compensation: Hourly Catholic required: Yes Bilingual required: Yes
The Administrative Assistant enables the Directors of Faith Formation (FF) and Youth Ministry (YM) to maximize the quality of programs. This role requires a high level of initiative, judgment, organizational ability, and knowledge of the interrelated functions of the position and the parish. The role collaborates with the Directors, families, staff, volunteers, and clergy in a shared mission to nurture the youth of our parishes to be missionary disciples of Jesus in our Catholic tradition.
We are seeking someone who is great at critical thinking, detail oriented and passionate about our Catholic faith.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
- Responsible for database entry.
- Assist in creating Excel spreadsheets, typing and maintenance of files, photocopying andother clerical needs.
- Collaborate with the Directors to ensure data and reports on attendance, participation, andcommunication are available for review and action. Help maintain the integrity ofinformation for participants.
- Assist families with program registration, answer emails and incoming calls.
- Serve as a witness of Jesus by accompanying and giving support to families.
- Inventory supplies and assist in prepping the supply needs of catechists/core leaders andfor other FF/YM ministry events.
- Assists in facilitating the Safe Environment clearance for volunteers in the parish.
- Participates in the worship life of the church.
- Attends and participates in department and Church Staff Meetings
- Available during the week, and occasionally on nights/weekends, respecting the 20 hour work week when part time and 40 hour work week once full time.o In busy seasons may occasionally put in overtime.
- Performs additional projects, duties and tasks as assigned, as tasks listed will vary atdifferent times during the year.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), bilingual (English/Spanish) required, to professionally communicate and represent the parish.
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, a self-starter, maximizer and list maker.
- Proficiency in Microsoft software programs (Excel, Word, Publisher) and basic internetknowledge.
- Familiarity with navigating a database.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to learn how to use, graphic design template tools such asCanva (knowledge of expert tools a plus, but not required)
- Knowledge of, or the ability to learn to use, mass communication, website, and socialmedia tools (Flocknote, FaceBook, Instagram).
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative and creative environment.
- Understand the partnership of family, parish community and catechists/core leaders.
- Principles of Catholic catechesis for youth.
- Active in the Roman Catholic faith and commitment to function in the manner consistentwith the mission of the Roman Catholic Church. Leads a full sacramental life.
- Include awareness of ethnic and cultural sensitivity.
- Works well in collaborating efforts and has teamwork mentality.
- Promote and implement diocesan policies and guidelines regarding religious educationand youth ministry procedures.Education, Certification and Experience:
- Some College education preferred.
- Prior experience with a parish Faith Formation and/or Youth Ministry program involvingyouth, a plus.
- Hiring Contact: Dawn Purcell, Director of FF
- Phone: 903-893-5148, ext 204
• Drop off at location: St. Mary Catholic Parish, 727 S. Travis Street, Sherman