If you want more information, or are interested in attending any of the Bible studies below, please contact:
JOURNEY WITH US THIS LENT!
No Greater Love: A Biblical Walk Through Christ’s Passion
Jesus doesn’t want our applause. He wants our hearts. Are you ready to draw closer to Jesus in his passion than you ever have before?
- Sunday morning and Tuesday morning at St. Anne’s Place
- Sunday March 1 – March 29 from 9 a.m. to 10:15 a.m.
- Tuesday March 3 – March 31 from 10 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
- Study Pack (Study guide and book) is $28.00
Filmed on location in the Holy Land, No Greater Love is a five-part video series and full-length book that reveals Christ’s amazing love for us. Best-selling author Edward Sri guides you through the last hours of Christ’s life in this biblical pilgrimage.
While taking this study or reading this book, you will walk step-by-step with Jesus from the Garden of Gethsemane to the Mount of Calvary. Every step of the way, biblical experts reveal how Old Testament prophecies, messianic expectations, biblical symbolism, and historical context shed light on the mystery of Christ’s suffering and death.
With these insights, Catholics can come to a deeper understanding and appreciation of God’s immeasurable and unconditional love—drawing closer to Jesus than ever have before.
Authored and presented by Edward Sri, No Greater Love also features: Fr. Mike Schmitz, Jeff Cavins, Jennifer Fulwiler, Curtis Martin, Teresa Tomeo, Fr. Josh Johnson, and Elizabeth Sri.
- The Biblical background to each scene in Christ’s passion.
- What was Jesus going through at each moment?
- How did the Old Testament foretell of Christ’s death?
- Why did Christ die for us? What did it accomplish?
- What was the meaning behind of the tearing of the temple veil, the crowning with thorns, and other events during Christ’s Passion?
Mark: Faith Not Fear
- Wednesday evening Bible Study at St. Anne’s Place
- January 8 – April 8, 2020 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:15 p.m.
- Study guide is $10.00
Do you follow Jesus ‘on the way’?
Is the Gospel of Mark only a “condensed” version of the life of Christ? What does it have to offer us that the Gospels of Matthew, Luke, and John do not? Join Dr. Tim Gray in this powerful fourteen-part series to discover the Gospel of Mark like never before.
- Immerse yourself in this action-packed Gospel that offers Saint Peter’s account of Christ’s life and teaching.
- Delve deep into the theme of the “way” and true discipleship and see how Jesus reveals his identity in authoritative action and word.
- Consider more deeply Jesus’s teaching on the Temple, and walk with Jesus to Gethsemane and the Way of the Cross as Mark describes it.
- Open yourself to profound reflection on the shortest of the four gospels.
Combining the insights of renowned Catholic theologian Dr. Tim Gray, with the masterful artistry of the Augustine Institute, this Catholic Bible study series uses the Church’s rich tradition of lectio divina to help you better understand and better pray with the Gospel of Mark.